You remember the broken concrete patio we built?
We had a lot of left over broken concrete. A lot! 🙂
The solution was obvious, we’d dig up this are under the trellises and create a broken stone pathway.
This is the ‘before picture’, not so pretty. 😦 I propped our beach umbrella up between the two trellises for a little make shift shade; it turned out to be a pretty nice shade hack.
We began my digging out all the old grass. The grass under the outdoor faucet is a little lush oasis due to a drippy hose. We fixed the drip and bought a hose splitter; so we’d have one hose to the west side of the yard, and one to the east.
More digging including a deeper trench for the concrete.
We originally envisioned the wheelbarrow as a planter, but between the patio project & this stone path, it ended up getting a lot of use first.
Here’s a partial shot of the path along with our new west hose!
And the mid-section of the new stone path with two large pieces set aside to use as stepping stones to the hose. This photo was taken a month later when the electric box had to be redone and our newly planted pumpkin bushes got trampled. You can see lettuce growing behind the trellises which ended up being a terrible place to plant it. It grew plenty but it was hard to harvest here. We ended up pulling it up.
Ta-da! The new stone path!
An east view of the entire stone path & patio with the wheel barrow in it’s new home.
West view a month later (prior to above mentioned electric both incident). Both the wildflowers in the wheelbarrow & the tiny plants around the trellis were starting strong.